WG-MED & FOOD scope of work include regulations for Medicinal Gases, Medical Devices and Lobbying/Influencing of authorities.
The major WG-MED & FOOD responsibilities :
- To approach Authorities as harmonized gas-companies in MEGA name to influence the Authorities to do the change in legislation to be more dedicated for Medicinal gases as DRUGS.
- To propose harmonization steps in order to align the Middle East activities for Medicinal Gases in all countries.
- To prepare documents for upgrading medicinal gases, to separate the medicinal gases from industrial gases in production, analysis, distribution and sales.
- To monitor International Standards design and implement regulations like Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Distribution Practice (GDP), and later on Marketing Authorization for Medicinal Gases.
- To implement Monographs for Medicinal Gases from primary the European Pharmacopeia.
- To implement Medicinal Standards for valves and cylinders like color coding.
- To perform trainings, courses for relevant groups of employees in the new adjusted regulations/guidelines etc.
- To provide guidance about legislations for colleagues in the gas-companies.